If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This Mediterranean Bulgur Bowl can just as easily be modified to an Italian version with mozzarella, pesto, tomatoes, spinach, and basil. —FirstTimeFoods
- 1 cup bulgur
- 16 ounces bag of spinach
- 1 8oz can of chickpeas
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes
- 2 tablespoons chopped mint
- 4 tablespoons hummus
- 1/2 cup feta
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- (optional): 1 red onion, dash of olive oil, 1 teaspoon cumin, 1 tablespoon paprika
- Cook bulgur according to package directions: add 1 cup of water and 1 cup bulgur to a pot. Add a bit of salt and bring to a boil. Turn down to a simmer and cook for 10 minutes, until most water is absorbed. If need be, strain out any remaining water.
- Add spinach to bulgur and cover with lid to wilt. Set aside for 5 minutes.
- Chop tomatoes and mint, and add to the pot of bulgur.
- Add drained chickpeas, 4 tablespoons of humus, and 1/2 cup crumbled feta to pot, and mix well to combine. Squeeze lemon juice over.
- Serve immediately, or chilled.