If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: It is a taditionanal Cypriot cake with many variations. It is served in the morning or afternoon with coffee. This is an adapted recipe, given to me by my housekeeper Maro. —elena antoniou
- 1 cup olive oil
- 1 cup fresh orange juice
- 3 cups plain flour
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 1.1/2 cups black olives without pips. cut in four
- 6 spring onions. only the white part cut thinly
- 1 cup fresh coriander, finly cut
- 1 tablespoon dried mint
- Mix the first four ingredients together and kneed.
- Add the rest of the ingredients and mix well. The consistency will be as runny as a cake, but not as dense as pastry.
- Evenly spread it in an oiled 27cm baking tray, and place in a preheated oven 170 Celsius degrees. Bake for an hour.
More Great Recipes: Bread, Rolls & Muffins