If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This recipe uses many fresh ingredients and makes for a nice alternative to traditional beef nachos. —Liz
Homemade corn tortilla nacho chips
- 2 7.5 ounces Package of corn tortillas
- 1/2 Lime
- 1 teaspoon Kosher salt
- 1 tablespoon Lime zest
- Set oven to 450 degrees.
- Drizzle olive oil on several cookie sheets.
- Cut the tortillias into quarters and arrange on cookie sheets.
- Drizzle more olive oil on top of tortilla wedges.
- Sprinkle with kosher salt.
- Sprinkle with lime zest.
- Cook for 30 minutes or until chips are toasted and crunchy without being burned.
- Set aside.
- 2 cups Shredded cooked chicken
- 1/2 teaspoon Garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon Kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon Pepper
- 1 teaspoon Cilantro
- 15 ounces Canned black beans
- 2 Cooked corn on the cob:
- 1 cup Shredded pepper jack cheese
- 1 cup Shredded mild cheddar cheese.
- 1/2 cup Small diced tomatoes
- 1 cup Shredded lettuce
- ounces Your favorite gourmet salsa
- Sour cream
- Jalapeño slices (optional)
- Re-heat shredded chicken with garlic powder, kosher salt, pepper and cilantro.
- Stir in the black beans, keep cooking over low heat.
- Cut the corn off the cob and add to the chicken mixture.
- Layer the cooked tortilla chips on platter.
- Add layer of pepper jack cheese.
- Add Layer of chicken,bean and corn mixture.
- Add a sprinkle more of cilantro over nachos.
- Add layer of cheddar cheese.
- Put under broiler, middle rack, to melt cheese, about 5-7 minutes.
- Once out of broiler, add the shredded lettuce and diced tomatoes
- Put 1-2 tablespoons of sour cream and salsa on side of nacho platter.
- Squeeze some Lime juice over platter (option).
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe with Corn
More Great Recipes: