If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This toasted pitta bread goes well with dips —elena antoniou
- 3 pitta bread
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 teaspoon rosemary
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- Line an oven tray with foil, and oil it. Turn oven to 200 degree Celsius
- Cut the pitta bread in strips, approximately 2 cm wide. (the shorter length) put in a bowl and toss with the olive. you can add more oil if you like.
- Ground or crush the herbs with the salt and pepper.
- Spread the bread evenly on the oiled tray ,so they do not overlap and sprinkle half of the herbs. Turn and sprinkle again the rest n top.
- Place in the oven and bake until brown, turn and do the same. Switch off the oven, open the door and leave the bread in the oven for half an hour, or until nearly crisp. When cooled completely, store in an air tight container.