If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This was a street food in Thailand when I was growing up. Almost everyday when my neighbours & I played on the street after school, an old lady would come by with a food cart and she always had this dessert among other things. It is so easy to make, and it’s (often) enough to satisfy my sweet tooth. —Pang I ciacahappy
Makes 3 cups
- 2 cups fresh corns (about 4 ears)
- 15 ounces can of young coconut meat in syrup, preferably “Aroy-D”
- 2 ounces shredded coconut
- 3 tablespoons cane sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Separate young coconut meat & syrup, and cut the coconut meat into long and thin slices (not too thin); you will have about 4-5 oz. of young coconut meat. Set aside.
- Remove the husks, and place the corn on the grill, and grill for 15 to 20 minutes. Using pastry brush to put syrup on the corn every time you need to turn the corn; turning every 5 minutes, or until kernels are tender when pierced with a paring knife. Remove the kernels.
- Mix kernels, young coconut meat, shredded coconut, sugar, and salt in the bowl. Add more sugar if needed, and ta-da…
More Great Recipes: