If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: When we think about corn, we never think about baby corn. I love how baby corn tastes in the recipe with the marinade. Serve it with a sauce like chipotle mayonnaise or chutney. —PistachioDoughnut
Serves lot of as a side
Baby Corn marinade
- 1 can of baby corn
- 2 tsp Red chili powder
- salt to taste
- 1 tsp oregano powder
- 2 tsp garlic paste
- 1 1/2 Tsp Italian seasonings of your choice
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tbsp yogurt or just plain vinegar
Potato and bread crumbs coating
- 1 bowl of boiled mashed potatoes
- salt to taste
- 11/2 tsp or little more ginger- green chilli paste
- 4 - 5 tbsp corn flour or potato starch
- 2 tbsp chopped cilantro or parsley
- a small bowl of bread crumbs
- 2 egg yolk
- oil for deep frying
- Take all the ingredients for the marinade in a bowl and pour it over the baby corn and rub it on the blanched baby corn. Keep it for sometime.
- Pre heat the oven at 350 F. Roast the baby corn in the oven for about 10- 15 minutes. Once done, remove it from the oven and let it cool .Meanwhile prepare the potato mixture.
- Take mashed potato in another bowl, add the salt, ginger , chili paste, cornflour, herb that you are using either cilantro or parsley or you can also use rosemary.
- Mix everything well and make mixture out of it.
- Now take a tbsp/ scoop of potato mixture on your palms , flatten it out and place one baby corn and try to seal it nicely. Remove the excess potato mixture. repeat with all the other baby corn and potato mixture. You can also keep it ready till this step if you are having guest come over. And, then follow the final stage and serve it still warm and fresh.
- Heat some oil in a wok or pan for deep frying.
- Now, if you are using yolk then dip the rolls into the egg yolk and then into breadcrumbs. Deep fry each rolls or kebabs till they nicely done and golden and crispy .
- Serve it with chipotle mayonnaise or cilantro chutney. Enjoy.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe with Potatoes 2.0
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe with Corn