If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This recipe is so easy and savory. Best of all, it stays true to an old and favorite classic. —Liz
- 16 ounces Firm tofu
- 2 tablespoons Onion flakes or
- 1/2 cup Chopped onions
- 1/2 teaspoon Salt
- Pepper, to taste
- dashes Garlic powder
- 1/2 cup Bread crumbs
- 1 Egg replacer
- 2 teaspoons Fresh parsley
- 1/4 teaspoon Paprika
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 tablespoon Extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon Flax seed meal
- 2 tablespoons Water (room temperature)
- 1. Pre- heat oven to 350°.
- 2. In a non-stick pan, heat olive oil and add garlic and onions. Cook 3-5 minutes or until lightly browned. Set aside to cool.
- 3. In a medium mixing bowl, combine tofu (drained of fluid), onion, oregano, salt, pepper, garlic powder, egg replacer, parsley, paprika and crushed red pepper. Liberally mix with hands until all ingredients are fully incorporated. Tofu should be in a crumbly consistency.
- 4. Once thoroughly mixed, add bread crumbs and fold into mix.
- 5. Start forming 1 1/2" tofu balls. Place on a baking sheet lined with wax paper, and bake for 15-20 minutes or until balls start to lightly brown.
- 6. Place on cooling rack and let cool until ready to mix into SAFFRON- GINGER TOMATO SAUCE.
- EGG REPLACER: combine water and flax seed meal and mix. Let sit for about a minute, until it begins to thicken. Once thickened, it is ready for use.