This recipe is so easy and savory. Best of all, it stays true to an old and favorite classic. —Liz
Onion flakes or
Pepper, to taste
garlic clove, minced
Extra virgin olive oil
Flax seed meal
Water (room temperature)
In This Recipe
1. Pre- heat oven to 350°.
2. In a non-stick pan, heat olive oil and add garlic and onions. Cook 3-5 minutes or until lightly browned. Set aside to cool.
3. In a medium mixing bowl, combine tofu (drained of fluid), onion, oregano, salt, pepper, garlic powder, egg replacer, parsley, paprika and crushed red pepper. Liberally mix with hands until all ingredients are fully incorporated. Tofu should be in a crumbly consistency.
4. Once thoroughly mixed, add bread crumbs and fold into mix.
5. Start forming 1 1/2" tofu balls. Place on a baking sheet lined with wax paper, and bake for 15-20 minutes or until balls start to lightly brown.
6. Place on cooling rack and let cool until ready to mix into SAFFRON- GINGER TOMATO SAUCE.
combine water and flax seed meal and mix. Let sit for about a minute, until it begins to thicken. Once thickened, it is ready for use.