If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: I was inspired to create this cake as a birthday dessert for my mom one year. She has always been a huge fan of chocolate and raspberries together and I feel the orange and almond flavors naturally meld with the two perfectly! —JennT1981
- 2 cups flour
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 cup unsweetened cococa powder
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 cups milk
- 2/3 cup vegetable oil
- 2 eggs
- 2 cups semi sweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 cup shortening
- 1 1/2 tablespoons water
- 2 3/4 cups powdered sugar
- 1/4 cup raspberry jam
- 2 tablespoons raspberry jam
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon almond extract
- 2 tablespoons fresh squeezed orange juice
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease and flour two 9 x 1 ½ inch round cake pans and set aside.
- In a large bowl combine flour, sugar, cocoa powder, baking soda and powder and salt. Add milk and oil and beat on low just until combined. Add eggs, one at a time, until thoroughly mixed, about 2 minutes. Pour batter evenly into each prepared cake pan and smooth tops with a spatula.
- Bake 30 to 35 minutes until toothpick comes out clean. Cool cakes in pans on a rack about 10 minutes. Carefully remove cakes from pans and continue cooling on rack until completely cool.
- In a medium bowl combine ingredients for filling and beat until smooth. Let chill in fridge at least 30 minutes.
- Combine ingredients for drizzle until desired consistency is achieved. Assemble cake by slathering filling on top one of the cakes and topping with the other. Evenly pour drizzle over top and return to fridge to set and let flavors meld another 30 minutes.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Chocolate Cake