If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: The original plan was to make mango salsa to go with our grilled pork chops, however, I left the store without them and only had nectarines to work with. And so, this twist on regular salsa was born, by adding the tequila. Add it slowly, a little at a time, letting it sit for a while and then re-tasting. The crunchies are an absolute MUST for this recipe - they're so incredibly easy to make and add a wonderful salty crunch to the smokey pork chops and sweet salsa. As for the pork chop rub, really go with your favorite dry rub - BBQ ones are my favorite. —Ashley Marie
Tequila-Lime Nectarine Salsa
very ripe nectarines
cup diced red onion
lime, juiced and zested
teaspoon sea salt, fine grind
- Dice your nectarine and add to a serving bowl.
- Add the onion, lime juice, lime zest and salt.
- Add half a teaspoon tequila, mix it all up and taste. Add the other half teaspoon of tequila if you like.
- Allow it to sit at room temperature until you're reading to serve.
Grilled Pork Chops with Crunchies
center-cut, bone-in pork chops
tablespoons your favorite dry rub
tablespoon sea salt
high heat oil for frying
- Sprinkle one side of your pork chops with the rub, the other side with sea salt. Let sit until room temperature. In the mean time, make your crunchies.
- Fill a small, shallow saucepan with about 3/4" of grapeseed or other high heat oil. Heat over medium heat.
- While the oil warms up, cut your tortillas into thin strips, about 1/4" thick.
- Once the oil is hot enough, fry up the tortilla strips in small batches. They'll only take a few minutes before they're golden.
- Remove and place on paper towels. Immediately sprinkle with salt. Let them cool while you prepare the chops.
- Grill the pork chops until cooked through. Immediately plate and serve with crunchies and salsa on top.