If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This dessert really means something to me because it was the dessert my grandma Maria cooked for me after school when I was a kid. It consist of poached fluffy white eggs on light vanilla custard with raspberry. —sweetashoneynz
- 650 milliliters milk
- 4 pieces eggs
- 120 grams white sugar
- Bring 350 ml of milk to boil with a bit of vanilla paste
- Meanwhile separate the egg white and yolk in two different bowl
- Pour the warm milk onto the egg yolk mixture and stir vigorously to avoid the egg yolk to cook and form lumps
- Return under medium heat and stir until the custard get thicker
- Put aside and refrigerate 3 hours before serving
- Prepare the meringue. Use an electric mixer and whisk the white eggs for 30 seconds on medium speed
- After 30 seconds add 40 g of sugar and keep whisking on high speed for 2 minutes and 30 seconds.When it forms a stiff peak the meringue is ready to be poached.
- Boil 300 ml of milk and reduce heat
- Form balls of meringue using 2 spoons and throw them onto the warm milk.
- Cook 1 minute on each side
- Put on a plate and refrigerate 3 hours before serving.
- Serve the poached meringue onto the light custard
- Optionnal: add fresh raspberry and sliced almond on the top