Author Notes: This dessert really means something to me because it was the dessert my grandma Maria cooked for me after school when I was a kid. It consist of poached fluffy white eggs on light vanilla custard with raspberry. —sweetashoneynz
grams white sugar
- Bring 350 ml of milk to boil with a bit of vanilla paste
- Meanwhile separate the egg white and yolk in two different bowl
- Pour the warm milk onto the egg yolk mixture and stir vigorously to avoid the egg yolk to cook and form lumps
- Return under medium heat and stir until the custard get thicker
- Put aside and refrigerate 3 hours before serving
- Prepare the meringue. Use an electric mixer and whisk the white eggs for 30 seconds on medium speed
- After 30 seconds add 40 g of sugar and keep whisking on high speed for 2 minutes and 30 seconds.When it forms a stiff peak the meringue is ready to be poached.
- Boil 300 ml of milk and reduce heat
- Form balls of meringue using 2 spoons and throw them onto the warm milk.
- Cook 1 minute on each side
- Put on a plate and refrigerate 3 hours before serving.
- Serve the poached meringue onto the light custard
- Optionnal: add fresh raspberry and sliced almond on the top