If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This Mediterranean flavoured sandwich ticks all the boxes. Light yet hearty, packed with protein & iron, low in fat, easy to make and delicious!
This recipe provides enough filling to make 2 to 3 sandwiches. Spread will keep for 2-3 days in an airtight container in the fridge. —The Flexitarian
- 14 ounces can of chickpea
- 1 garlic clove
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 12 pitted Kalamata olives
- 1 red roasted pepper (from a jar)
- 2 tablespoons fresh basil leaves (finely chopped)
- 1/2 lemon juice
- salt & pepper
- salad leaves
- slices of your favourite bread
- Place drained chickpeas in a blender with garlic cloves, olive oil and lemon juice. Whizz to a paste.
- Transfer chickpea paste to a bowl. Blend in chopped olives, pepper and basil leaves.
- Season to taste.
- Spread on your favourite bread with some salad leaves.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Picnic Recipe