Author Notes: Also known as Four Oysters, Five Oysters, Seven Oysters or occasionally Shuttle Oysters. Oysters are a simple ephemeral pleasure. This recipe is meant to ensure that the cook isn't removed from that by preparation or venue. Hat tip to Jestei's Tomato recipe. —reub
- Live in New York or be willing to travel.
- Remember that making mignonette sauce is a pain, you don't have a crushed ice machine, but you do have a metrocard.
- Take the 6 train (or 4,5,7,S,etc.) to Grand Central station.
- Pull up a seat at the Oyster Bar.
- Order some oysters and a cold beer and enjoy.
- This recipe is a Community Pick!
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Way to Prepare Oysters