If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: I love this easy to make Rhubarb Margarita. Yes, that's right! Rhubarb is not just for pies, crisps or cobblers. It makes the perfect summer time margarita. So make a batch of rhubarb simple syrup and try this drink. And hey, if you have leftovers make the kids a rhubarb soda float! They'll love you forever. —localhaven
Rhubarb Simple Syrup
- Cut rhubarb into 1" pieces
- Combine all ingredients in a medium sauce pan and bring to a boil.
- Lower heat to a simmer and cook for about 40 minutes, until the fruit is soft.
- Using a heatproof bowl, place fine mesh strainer over top and ladle rhubarb and liquid into the strainer, pressing on the solids with the back of a spoon to release more juice.
- Once you feel you have got all of the juice, a little over a 1/2 cup, set the syrup aside.
- Note: keep the leftover rhubarb and serve over toast, yogurt or ice cream
tablespoons Rhubarb Simple Syrup
ounces Silver 100% Agave Tequila
tablespoons Fresh Lime Juice
Kosher or Sea Salt
Sliced Cucumbers (Garnish)
- Fill jar with lots of ice, add rhubarb simple syrup, tequila, and lime juice. Put lid on and shake, shake, shake.
- Run cut lime wedge along glass rim. Fill small plate with kosher or sea salt. Dip glass into salt and roll.
- Strain margarita into glass and garnish with lime wedges and thinly sliced cucumbers.