If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: These Vegan black bean brownies are the perfect dessert for a picnic! They are the perfect mix of peanut butter + chocolate. These are great for those who have diet restrictions because they are Vegan, gluten-free, and dairy-free. They are also perfect for everyone else. No one will know that they are made with black beans! —TheLocalTaste
Makes 16 brownies
- 15 ounces Can of black beans (drained and rinsed)
- 2 tablespoons flaxseed meal + 6 tablespoons of water (flax egg) **see instructions
- 1/2 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 10 pitted Medjool dates
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 cup cacao baking chips
- 1/2 cup natural peanut butter (for topping)
- 1/4 cup cacao chips (for topping)
- Recipe Inspired by IFoodReal's black bean brownie recipe Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees.
- Rinse and drain black beans and set aside.
- In a small bowl put two tablespoons of flaxseed meal combined with six tablespoons of hot water (after five minutes it should become gel-like) **these are your "flax eggs"
- Put black beans, dates, flaxseed mixture, applesauce, vanilla, cocoa powder, salt, and baking soda into food processor.
- Blend until fairly smooth (mine was still a little bit chunkier than your typical brownie batter).
- Stir in ½ cup cacao chips.
- Pour batter into a non-stick 8 x 8 baking pan or one that has been sprayed with cooking spray.
- With a knife swirl in peanut butter covering as much batter as possible.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 30-40 minutes (or until inside is cooked).
- Allow to cool completely before cutting.