If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Healthy fried chicken? Yup! This tastes like traditional crispy fried chicken but it's baked in the oven and coated with super foods! —sisaaacs1
Serves 6 to 8
- 6 bone-in split chicken breasts, cut in half
- to taste sea salt and black pepper
- 1 cup brown rice flour
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 1/4 cup flax meal
- 3 tablespoons garlic powder
- 2 tablespoons dried minced onion
- 1/2 teaspoon chipotle chili powder
- 1 tablespoon paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon dried mustard powder
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 cup unsweetened plain almond milk
- 1/2 lemon, juiced
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees Convection, or 425 degrees if using a regular bake setting.
- Combine brown rice flour, whole wheat flour, flax meal, garlic powder, minced onion, chili powder, paprika, salt, pepper and mustard powder in a bowl. Divide mixture between 2 shallow dishes or pie plates.
- Combine almond milk and lemon juice in another shallow dish or pie plate. Set up a breading station by lining up the 3 dishes: first flour, then milk, then flour.
- Dredge chicken in flour, then milk, then flour again. Put on a rack set on a baking pan, making sure chicken pieces are not touching each other.
- Place chicken in oven and bake 15 minutes. Brush with oil. Bake another 15 minutes or until chicken is cooked through and skin is golden brown and crispy. Eat with your hands, and serve with lots of napkins!