Healthy fried chicken? Yup! This tastes like traditional crispy fried chicken but it's baked in the oven and coated with super foods! —sisaaacs1
- Serves 6 to 8
bone-in split chicken breasts, cut in half
sea salt and black pepper
brown rice flour
whole wheat flour
dried minced onion
chipotle chili powder
dried mustard powder
extra virgin olive oil
unsweetened plain almond milk
In This Recipe
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees Convection, or 425 degrees if using a regular bake setting.
- Combine brown rice flour, whole wheat flour, flax meal, garlic powder, minced onion, chili powder, paprika, salt, pepper and mustard powder in a bowl. Divide mixture between 2 shallow dishes or pie plates.
- Combine almond milk and lemon juice in another shallow dish or pie plate. Set up a breading station by lining up the 3 dishes: first flour, then milk, then flour.
- Dredge chicken in flour, then milk, then flour again. Put on a rack set on a baking pan, making sure chicken pieces are not touching each other.
- Place chicken in oven and bake 15 minutes. Brush with oil. Bake another 15 minutes or until chicken is cooked through and skin is golden brown and crispy. Eat with your hands, and serve with lots of napkins!