If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This delicious fish batter is flavored with CHA! by Texas Pete® and works well with just about any of your favorite fish selections. Serve with a side of spicy lemon mayonnaise also flavored with CHA! by Texas Pete®. —sabrina
Makes 4 each 6 ounce fillet
- 1 cup All Purpose Flour
- 1/2 cup MIlk
- 1/2 cup Water
- 1/4 cup Baking Powder
- 1 teaspoon Salt
- 3 tablespoons CHA! by Texas Pete
- 1/3 cup Mayonnaise
- 2 teaspoons Dijon Mustard
- 1 bunch 2 lemons- minced-lemon zest (squeezed)
- 2 tablespoons CHA! by Texas Pete
- 1 quart Vegetable Oil- for deep frying
- Trim the fish if necessary and keep refrigerated until ready to use. Preheat the deep fryer to 350 degrees.
- Prepare the batter: In a small mixing bowl combine the flour, milk, water, baking powder and the salt. Mix well. Refrigerate the batter for 1 hour before using. Do not add the CHA! By Texas Pete® until just before you are ready to batter the fish after refrigerating.
- Prepare the flavored mayonnaise. Combine the mayonnaise, Dijon mustard, lemon zest, lemon juice and the CHA! by Texas Pete®. Mix well. Season with a pinch of salt and pepper and keep refrigerated until ready to use.
- When you are ready to fry the fish add the CHA! by Texas Pete® into the batter and mix well.
- Pat the fish fillets dry with paper towels before dipping them into the batter. Dip the fish fillets into the batter and lightly shake off excess batter. Carefully place the battered fillets into the deep fryer.
- Do not move the battered fish fillets until the batter has set and the fish begins to float up from the bottom of the fryer. Touching the fish too soon will cause the batter to fall off the fish.
- Fry the fish for approximately 4 minutes or until golden brown, crispy and fully cooked with an internal temperature of 150 degrees. When the fish is cooked it will float to the top of the oil. Carefully remove the fillets from the fryer and place them on paper towels to absorb excess grease and season them with salt and pepper.
- Portion the spicy mayonnaise into four ramekins and serve with the CHA! Flavored Battered Fish.