If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Inspired by a recipe I saw floating around Facebook it is one of the easist and most enjoyed dishes I have made. excellent for a big crowd. I first tried it on our friends during a regular game night and everyone wanted to take some home for later! Definite winner! —Samlawali
Makes: 12-16 servings
tablespoons seafood seasoning (I prefer Old Bay)
tablespoon cayenne powder
large onion, roughly sliced
pounds red potatoes, roughly cut into bite size pieces
ears of sweet corn, cut into thirds (husks/silks removed)
packages of smoked sausage/kielbasa cut into 1 inch pieces
pounds uncooked/fresh shrimp, peeled & deveined with tails on
- Fill very large pot (16 quart minimum) with water, seafood seasoning, cayenne, onion, lemons, and bay leaves over medium high heat and bring to a boil.
- Add potatoes and cook for 10 minutes.
- Add corn and cook for another 10 minutes.
- Add smoked sausage cook for another 5-7 minutes.
- Add shrimp and cook until pink, approximately 5 minutes.
- Drain water, remove bay leaves and serve hot in a very large bowl or go traditional and pour onto a table covered in newspaper.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Picnic Recipe