If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: The secret in this recipe is the sauce. The sauce gives flavor and add moisture to the cake.
The cake is served by slices wrapped in foil and should be eaten frozen, but just cold is as good as frozen. —Fabiola
Makes about 30 slices
For the sauce
- 1 Can Condensed Milk
- 1 Can Whole Milk (use the same can from condensed milk)
- 1 cup Coconut MIlk
For the Sponge Cake
- 5 Eggs Separated
- 2 cups All-purpose Flour
- 2 cups Granulated Sugar
- 1 cup Milk
- 1 tablespoon Baking Powder
- 1 Small Package of Coconut Flakes for coating
- To make the sauce, stir all ingredients in a bowl and reserve.
- To make the cake. Preheat the oven at 350 F. Prepare a 9? x 13? rectangular cake pan. Beat the egg whites until foamy. Mix in the egg yolks and sugar. Continuing beating, add the milk. For last, mix in the flour and baking powder. Bake for 50 min.
- When is baked, take the cake from the oven and right away, (while still hot, still in the pan) cover the cake with the sauce. Very slowly, letting the cake absorb all the liquid. Place in the freezer overnight, still in the baking pan. Next day take the cake out of the freezer, slice into squares or the size desired. Coat the slices with coconut flakes Wrap in foil. Leave in the freezer or refrigerator until is time to serve.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Picnic Recipe