If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: The Muffaletta is a classic New Orleans sandwich and is perfect for picnics. The longer this sandwich marinates the better the Muffaletta. So no need to worry about a soggy picnic sandwich here. Pack your basket and hit the road!
This recipe should be made to taste. If you like a lot of salami, don't hold back. If you like a lot of fixings, add more to the cream cheese. You get the idea! —katie cooper
- Focaccia Bread
- Thinly sliced ham and salami
- Whole grain mustard
- Sharp Irish Cheddar and cream cheese
- Roasted red peppers
- Kalamata olives
- Dice the pepperoncini, roasted red pepper, kalamata olives, and cornichons.
- In a bowl, mix the diced ingredients with the cream cheese until incorporated. The ingredients will incorporate better if the cream cheese is at room temperature.
- Cut the bread in half. Spear the bottom slice with cream cheese spread and the top with mustard. Layer the sliced meats on the mustard side. Add micro greens then sharp cheddar to the side with the cream cheese spread. Carefully flip and sandwich the two slices together.
- Cut into serving sizes. The longer this sandwich marinates the better.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Picnic Recipe
More Great Recipes: