If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Don't be fooled by the cherries: this salsa is sweet, but it's got some serious kick! Cherries, red onions, and chipotle come together to make the perfect blend of sweet, savory, and heat. —CakePants
Makes: 3 cups
cups sweet cherries
chipotle chilies in adobo, chopped
tablespoon adobo sauce
tablespoons balsamic vinegar
cup cilantro, chopped
red onion, chopped
cloves garlic, minced
- Remove the pits from the cherries, using a cherry pitter. If you don’t have a cherry pitter, you can use a paperclip. To do this, bend the paper clip such that one end sticks out at a right angle from the rest of the clip. After removing the cherry stem, insert the end of the paperclip into the top of the cherry. Circle around the pit with the paper clip, and then you should be able to gently squeeze the pit out from the top of the cherry.
- Place half of the cherries and half of the cilantro in a blender. Add the chilies, adobo sauce, balsamic vinegar, red onion, and garlic. Blend until smooth.
- Chop the remaining cherries coarsely. Stir the chopped cherries and cilantro into the mixture from the blender. Salt and pepper as desired.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe for Savory Stone Fruit
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Picnic Recipe