If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Inspired by Rasa Malaysia by Oishii Moments. —Oishii Moments
Makes 1 cake
- 8 egg yolks
- 2 ounces fine sugar
- 2 ounces pandan extract
- 3 ounces corn oil
- 5 ounces self raising flour
- Beat egg yolk and sugar lightly with a hand whisk till sugar dissolve.
- Stir in pandan extract and corn oil.
- Fold self raising flour into egg mixture.
- Set aside.
- 8 egg whites
- 5 ounces fine sugar
- pinch of salt
- Beat egg whites till frothy. Slowly add in sugar and pinch of salt while beating at high speed.
- Beat until the egg white is stiff and shining but not dry. (About 3 minutes)
- FINAL STEP: Preheat oven at 175 degrees Celsius. Use a spatula and gently fold egg yolk mixture into the egg white mixture (meringue). Pour into an ungreased 25cm tube pan. Bake for 40-45 minutes.
- Once cake is cooked, remove cake from oven immediately and invert pan onto wire rack. Let it cool before removing cake from pan. Serve with a side of cool whip or vanilla ice cream! Enjoy.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Picnic Recipe