If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: If a banh mi and a taco had a love child, this would be it. A cornmeal and panko crusted tilapia marries with the banh mi trifecta of jalapenos, pickled daikon/carrots, and cilantro for a southeast inspired version of the fish taco. For more recipes: www.juicypeachdiaries.com —Tian Lee
- 1/2 cup Panko breadcrumbs
- 1/2 cup Cornmeal
- 1 Egg (beaten)
- 1/2 pound Tilapia fillet
- 2 tablespoons Canola oil
- 6 Corn & wheat mini tortillas
- 1/4 cup Jalapenos (thinly sliced)
- 1/2 cup Pickled shredded daikon & carrots
- 1/2 cup Sour cream
- 1 tablespoon Sriracha hot sauce
- Cut each tilapia fillet into 3 small pieces (1 fillet should yield 3 tacos)
- Crack & beat egg into a mixing bowl. Dip fish pieces into egg wash. Dredge fish into mixture of cornmeal and panko.
- Pan fry the fish fillets with 3 tablespoons of canola oil until golden and crunchy. Place onto paper towel to absorb extra oil.
- Place tortillas into microwave for 15-20 seconds to warm them. Place fish on top of tortillas. Assemble with garnishes and toppings: sirracha crema, pickled carrots and daikon, cilantro and jalapenos.