If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: It’s quick to make and easy to transport: Baked eggs in Toast Nests. A delicious and basic snack that can be eaten cold, perfect for the picnic, whether in the woods or at the beach.
All you need is a muffin pan, eggs, slices of soft toast bread, a small amount of butter, salt and pepper.
Alternatively, you can cover each egg with a slice of cheese, sprinkle it with smoked paprika and let it bubble in the oven. But as I don’t like melted cheese that has turned cold, here is the picnic version.
For the easier transport, let the nests inside the muffins pan.
For gluten-free, omit the bread slices and crack the eggs directly in the buttered muffins cups.
slices toast bread, preferably without crust
Salt and freshly grounded black pepper
- .Preheat oven at 200 C (392 F)
- Slightly butter four muffin cups and the toast bread slices.
- Press carefully the bread slices into the muffin cups, buttered side up.
- Crack an egg into each bread-nest.
- Season with salt and black pepper.
- Put the pan in the oven, second level from bottom.
- Bake for 10 minutes that is until bread corners golden and eggs solid.
- Remove the pan from oven and when cold, take the egg nests out with a non-sharp knife.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Picnic Recipe