If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: We're sharing a classic Indian-inspired recipe with a modern twist. The star of the wrap, skewered tandoori chicken, is crispy on the outside and incredibly tender on the inside, plus simple to make. Each wrap is loaded with grilled vegetables and tandoori chicken topped with freshly-squeezed lime juice. Enjoy the tandoori chicken skewers with or without the wrap at your next BBQ. —Health Dish
Makes 4 mini naan wraps
- 1 pound boneless chicken breast, cubed
- 4 mini naan
- 1 green pepper, sliced
- 1/2 red onion, sliced
- 1 cup plain yogurt
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 ginger piece, 1" in size, minced
- 4 garlic cloves, peeled and minced
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 teaspoon garam masala
- 1/2 teaspoon turmeric
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3 tablespoons fresh cilantro
- 2 limes, halved
- 4 metal skewers or wooden bamboo skewers
- In a medium glass bowl, mix together yogurt, vegetable oil, ginger, garlic, garam masala, paprika, cayenne pepper, turmeric, salt. (Note: You can also use a food processor to blend these ingredients into a smooth paste). Mix in chicken until coated evenly. Cover and refrigerate. Let chicken marinate for at least 30 minutes, or overnight for best results.
- Heat grill to medium-high. Grill green pepper and onion slices for 2 minutes on each side. Set aside vegetables. Meanwhile, thread chicken onto skewers.
- Cook chicken on heated grill and cover. Use leftover marinade to coat chicken during the first 5 minutes of cooking. Turn the skewers over, coat with leftover marinade and continue cooking for another 3 minutes. The chicken is done when the inside is no longer pink and the juices run clear. This process takes about 8 to 12 minutes total.
- Fill mini naan with the chicken and grilled vegetables. Top with the juice of half a lime and fresh cilantro.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Picnic Recipe