Author Notes: A healthy, yummy sweet treat! —stylohotmilo
Royal Gala Apple
cups Greek Yogurt
tablespoons Honey or Maple Syrup
In This Recipe
- Peel the skin of the apple, but just keep a small part unpeeled for garnishing purposes. Then dice the apple into small chunks.
- Blend half to 3/4 the apple chunks you have prepared. Make sure they are not too smooth or watery. Keep the rest aside for an extra crunch when you bite into your ice pops.
- Throw the blended apples and small chunks of peeled apples into the yogurt. Stir in the honey or maple syrup as well.
- Drop in a few small chunks of unpeeled apples into the ice pop mould first. This is to keep a little red colour at the top of the ice pop. Then, slowly fill up the mould with the apple yogurt mixture with the help of a small spoon. Finally, gently place the ice-cream stick into the mould. Do not push it to the very bottom.
- Place the mould into your freezer. Wait for half a day or so and the ice pops will be ready!
- To take the ice pops out of the mould, first prepare a bowl or a cup of hot water. Insert the mould into the bowl or cup and wait for 20 to 30 seconds. Try pulling out the ice-cream stick gently. If the ice-cream stick slides out without your ice pop, just keep everything back into its original form and place it back into the freezer again. It takes a while to get used to this, good luck!