If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: A recipe that I recently adopted and modified from a recipe found online. I modified the original by replacing the white distilled vinegar with my homemade white wine vinegar. My research on this recipe turned up a rough history showing Celtic or Irish heritage. —cucina di mammina
Serves approx. 4-6
- 1 to 2 pounds pounds of whole baby red or white potatoes, skin on (you can use a combination of both if desired)
- 1 to 2 peeled whole garlic cloves
- good quality white vinegar (white wine or distilled variety)
- good quality extra virgin olive oil
- sea salt
- black pepper
- fresh chopped flat leaf parsley
- fresh chopped chives (if desired)
- Wash and scrub all the potatoes; be sure to remove bad parts by trimming and cutting a bit.
- Place the potatoes in a large stock pot and add enough vinegar (or vinegar and water combination) to cover the potatoes well (the liquid should be about an inch or two over the potatoes.) Place on medium high heat, add in the garlic cloves, cut in half and bring this mixture to a boil until the potatoes are fork tender.
- Remove from the heat and drain well. Set the potatoes aside to cool a bit. Once cooled, cut the potatoes into quarters and place in a large deep bowl.
- Drizzle with olive oil, season with seas salt and pepper to taste. Mix this well and place on a large baking sheet to roast in a 425 degree fahrenheit oven until crispy and golden brown (move the potatoes around a bit during the roasting process.)
- Note: You can also grill these potatoes on a charcoal grill (cut them in half and place them in a roasting pan on the grill or you can use a specialized tool fish grilling tool; this tool will hold the potatoes in place so they won't fall through the grill into the fire.)
- Remove the potatoes from the oven or grill and place them on a large serving platter. Taste for seasonings and add additional sea salt and pepper as needed. Add the chopped parsley and chive and serve immediately.