If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Creamy and sweet, these make-ahead desserts get topped with strawberry lime compote and are always an unexpected crowd-pleaser. —HMMessinger
Sweet Corn Pots de Creme
- 2 cups half and half
- 2 ears of corn
- 1/2 cup raw cane sugar
- 6 egg yolks, at room temp
- 1/8 teaspoon sea salt
Strawberry Lime Compote
- 1 pint strawberries
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1 lime, zested and juiced
- Preheat oven to 300.
- Cut kernels off of corn. Place kernels, cream and sugar in a sauce pan and heat over medium low for half an hour. Bring mixture to a gentle simmer for an additional 15 minutes, being careful not to boil.
- Pulse in a blender until there are no longer large chunks of corn. Pour through a fine mesh sieve to strain. Slowly stream mixture into egg yolks, whisking constantly.
- Place ramekins in a baking dish with enough water to cover them half way. Pour cream mixture into six 4 ounce ramekins and bake for 30-45 minutes, or until set.
- While pots de creme are chilling, make compote. Combine lime and honey in a small pot and bring to a simmer for 10 minutes. Add strawberries and simmer for another 10-15 minutes, or until berries are soft. Adjust sweetness and acidity to your liking. Maybe throw in a pinch of sea salt. Serve warm or cooled, but not hot.