If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Nigella Lawson makes everything look so easy, and quite frankly, sexy. She throws together a roast chicken, a plate of pasta, or a chocolate cake like nobody's business. And when she's done showing you how to do it, she attacks it with her most impressive gusto. When I'm done watching her, I usually want to make whatever it is she was making, have a cigarette, and snuggle.
Last week, she was making this wicked-easy coffee ice cream. No, seriously. EASY. No churning. No lugging the ice cream machine out of the basement, or wherever it is you keep yours. If you're like me and have a surplus of heavy cream in the fridge, and a random can of sweetened condensed milk in the cupboard, then you're pretty much set. Make the coffee ice cream. It is so, so good. Especially with a spoonful of Biscoff spread drizzled on top -- a match made in heaven.
Anyway, back to the recipe. I got to thinking, the coffee ice cream seems pretty versatile and adaptable, so why not try making different flavors?
This is the first variation. I'll work on Biscoff ice cream next.
Makes about 1 quart
- 1/2 of a 14-ounce can of sweetened condensed milk (about 198 grams, or roughly 2/3 cup)
- 300 milliliters heavy cream
- 1 teaspoon peppermint extract
- 2 tablespoons booze (vodka or gin)
- Green food coloring (optional)
- 2 tablespoons chocolate shavings
- In a stand mixer fitted with the whisk attachment, whip condensed milk, cream, peppermint extract, booze and food coloring at medium-high speed until soft peaks form. Fold in chocolate shavings. Have a taste; you know you want to. Pour into container and freeze 6 hrs.
- If you remember, and you have room, stash the mixer bowl and the whisk attachment in the freezer for an hour. Everything will whip up better.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best No-Bake Desserts
More Great Recipes: