If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: These little treats are inspired by these awesome similar ones that I ate in Soul Foods…my new Wanaka spiritual home, full of organicness, juices and raw galore. I managed to wangle a vague recipe out of the owner so heres my first delicious attempt. —Flossie
Serves 24 mini bites
Peanut butter cups
- 1 cup peanut butter
- 1/4 cup sliced banana
- 1/4 cup medjool dates
- 1/2 cup buckwheat groats
- 1/2 cup desiccated coconut
- 2 tablespoons raw honey
- 1/2 cup coconut oil
- 3 tablespoons cacao butter
- 3/4 cup cacao powder
- pinch crunchy sea salt flakes
- Get out your mixer and using the blade whizz up the banana and dates so they are smooth
- Add the buckwheat and pulse until the groats have broken up a bit.
- Add the rest of the ingredients and mix until it all comes together
- Press the mix down into either cupcake trays or a square dish that will fit all the mix in snuggly and stick it in the fridge.
- Make yourself a bain marie, no naughty water touching the glass bowl on top Add your coconut oil, cacao butter and honey to the bowl and let it all melt Once melted stir in the cacao powder and stir in a pinch on salt, when smooth spoon it onto the top of your peanut mix
- Sprinkle on a bit of crunchy sea salt and some coconut flakes. Chill in the fridge for an hour until the chocolate has set and then you can munch away!