If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Here is a delicious autumn salad, full of all kinds of healthiness with a little chilli kick to warm you up if like me your thermalled up to the max —Flossie
- 3/4 cup wild rice or black rice/brown rice
- 1 butternut squash, peeled and chopped into chunks
- 2 red onions, cut into wedges
- 4 handfuls kale
- 1 tablespoon crushed coriander seeds
- 1-2 red chillies, finely chopped
- 1 avocado, sliced
- 2 small limes, 1 juiced, 1 cut into 4 wedges
- 1 handful fresh coriander, roughly chopped
- 1 lemon zested
- 2 tablespoons toasted sesame seeds
- 4 tablespoons extra virgin oil
- First preheat your oven to 180C. Crush your coriander seeds in a pestle and mortar and mix them with the chopped squash, red onions with a couple of glugs of olive oil, salt and pepper.
- When the oven is hot, roast the veg for about 45 mins, turning halfway through. The veg are ready when they are a golden and soft through, take them out and leave to cool.
- While the vegetables are roasting, rinse the rice until the water comes out clear, then cook according to packet instructions.
- To make the dressing, purée the avocado in a bowl with the lime juice and plenty of salt and pepper, mix in the chopped garlic and chilli with 4 tbsp of olive oil.
- When everything is ready mix it all gently together and season, you may want to add more lime/lemon juice or olive oil, it is also good with a spoon of natural yoghurt stirred through. Serve with the lime wedges and an extra sprinkle of sesame seeds.