If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: The addition of ground coffee and adobo brings a TON of rich flavor to these burgers. You'll never see lettuce wrapped burgers the same way again! —Primal Palate
tablespoons unsalted butter
yellow onion, sliced
tablespoon freshly ground coffee
tablespoon adobo seasoning
pound ground beef
pieces green leaf lettuce
- In a heavy skillet, heat the grass-fed butter over medium heat.
- Add the sliced onion, and sauté in the skillet until soft.
- Season the onion with salt and pepper, and set aside.
- Preheat the grill to high-heat (500 degrees).
- In a small mixing bowl, combine the ground coffee, salt, and Adobo Seasoning, and mix until combined.
- Form the ground beef into 6 equal portions, and flatten into burgers. Make a slight dimple in the center of each patty to keep the burgers from getting too thick in the middle when they cook.
- Season the meat liberally with the coffee, salt, and Adobo mixture.
- Gently place the burgers on the very hot grill, and cook for 4 minutes per side.
- Serve the burgers over fresh green leaf lettuce, topped with the sautéed onions.