If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This healthy dip is nice served with pita, crackers or veggies. It's also delicious when used as a spread on sandwiches or mixed into tuna salad for something different. —connie
Makes 1 cup
- 1.5 cups frozen shelled edamame
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 scallion, sliced
- 1/2 lemon, zested and juiced
- 2-3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- salt and pepper to taste
- chili powder, optional to taste
- Bring a pot of salted water to a boil. Prepare an ice-water bath. Add the edamame and cook until tender, 4 to 5 minutes. Drain the edamame, then shock in the ice water.
- Put the edamame into the bowl of a food processor or blender. Add the garlic, scallions, lemon, salt, pepper and chili powder. Add 2 tablespoons of the olive oil. Puree until smooth, 2 to 3 minutes. Taste the mixture and adjust seasoning if needed. Add more olive oil to get a smoother consistency.
- Transfer dip to a bowl and serve with sliced pita bread, chips and/or veggies.
- Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to one week.