If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This nutritious and delicious dessert is perfect for July 4th! —Diane Hoch
- 2 cups Water
- 2 cups Plums, cut up
- 1/4 cup Goji Berries
- 1 tablespoon Ginger, minced
- 1/4 cup Honey
- 2 tablespoons Arrowroot
- 1/2 cup Cold Water
- 6 cups Fresh Blueberries
- Additional blueberries and strawberries for flag decoration
- 1 cup Teff Flour
- 1 cup Coconut Flour
- 1 cup Oat Flour
- 1 cup Coconut Oil, melted
- 3/4 cup Brown Sugar
- 1 cup Unsweetened Shredded Coconut
- 1 Seeds from Vanilla Bean
- 2 cups Coconut Milk, refrigerate overnight
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- 1 tablespoon Organic Cane Sugar
- Crust: Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Mix together three flours, add in brown sugar then melted coconut oil. Mix to incorporate and press into the bottom of a rectangular Pyrex baking dish. Bake for 15 minutes. Set aside to cool.
- Blueberry Plum Compote: In a medium sauce pan, bring water to a boil. Add the plums, goji berries, ginger and honey. Bring to a slow boil and cook for 15 minutes. With Immersion Blender, puree the sauce until smooth. Bring back to a low boil.
- Add arrowroot to cold water and whisk to a slurry. Pour into sauce pan and whisk until thickened and reduced, about 10-15 minutes. Add blueberries and cook on low boil for additional 15 minutes to cook blueberries, incorporate flavor and reduce
- Pour compote into crust and refrigerate to set 6-8 hours (overnight is best).
- Cream: In a blender (Vitamix works great), add the shredded coconut and vanilla bean seeds and blend until smooth. Add white part only of coconut milk, vanilla and cane sugar and blend to incorporated, scraping down sides and mixing until smooth.
- Spread the coconut cream frosting and decorate with fresh berries. Yum!