If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Ground chicken in leaner, but less fat doesn't mean you have to sacrifice flavor - meatballs are loaded with aromatics like scallions & garlic —VeggiesByCandlelight
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 1/4 pounds ground chicken
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 2 1/2 teaspoons fresh ginger, finely grated
- 4 scallions, thinly sliced (plus more for serving)
- 1 1/2 cups chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- 1 bunch bok choy, chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes (** more depending on your heat level)
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- In a medium bowl, combine the garlic, chicken, soy sauce, ginger, scallions. (Note: Be careful not to over mix)
- Scooping out by the tablespoonful, form mixture into 1”-diameter meatballs
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add meatballs and cook, turning occasionally, until golden brown all over, 8–10 minutes. Transfer to a plate
- Combine bok choy and red pepper flakes .. along with a pinch each salt & pepper in skillet, and cook over medium-high heat until the greens are crisp & tender (~ 5 minutes)
- Add the meatballs and broth.
- Bring the broth to a boil, reduce heat, and simmer until the meatballs are cooked through (~ 5–8 minutes)
- Serve sprinkled with more scallions