If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: After nearly a year of tweaking and taste-testing, I've finally created a recipe that tastes like home. This banana bread is so moist and sweet, that it borders on decadence. If you choose to add chocolate chips, then this bread starts to teeter between breakfast and dessert in the best way possible. —kaik
Makes one 9-inch loaf
- 3 Overripe Mashed Bananas
- 2 Eggs
- 1/2 cup White Sugar
- 1/2 cup Brown Sugar
- 1/3 cup Canola or Vegetable Oil
- 3/2 teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- 1 cup All-purpose Flour
- 3/4 teaspoon Cinnamon
- 1 pinch Salt
- 1/2 teaspoon Baking Powder
- 3/4 teaspoon Baking Soda
- 1/2 cup Semisweet Chocolate Chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Mix the first 6 ingredients in a large bowl.
- Combine the rest of the ingredients (excluding the chocolate chips, if using) in a small bowl. Slowly add it to the wet ingredients. The batter will be lumpy.
- If you are adding chocolate chips, add them now.
- Pour the batter into a greased 9inch loaf pan and bake for approximately 45 minutes, or until a toothpick comes out clean.
- [Note: If you'd like to minimize the dishes you'll have to wash, feel free to mix everything in one bowl, without regard for the order you are adding your ingredients. I surely do not always mix the wet ingredients before adding the dry ingredients, and this recipe comes out wonderfully each time. This recipe also doubles and triples easily!]