If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Easy vegan brownies made with a few simple, yet healthy ingredients. They're chocolatey, rich and very satisfying
~ Adapted from Sweettalkblog —VeggiesByCandlelight
Makes 25 bite-sized brownies
- 1 cup 2 Tbsp hemp hearts
- 1 cup medjool dates
- 1/2 cup carob powder (** some alternatives: cacao powder, unsweetened cocoa powder, or chocolate protein powder)
- 1/4 cup oat flour
- 3 tablespoons honey (** if using protein powder .. increase the amount of honey to 3 1/2 Tbsp)
- 1 tablespoon peanut butter
- 1 vanilla bean, chopped (** or 1/2 teaspoon vanilla)
- 1 pinch himalayan salt
- In a food processor combine all of the ingredients & process until the dough has formed. (~ 1-2 minutes)
- (** If the dough is too wet .. add additional flour, 1 tsp at a time. If the dough is too dry .. add additional honey, 1 tsp at a time).
- In a small pan lined with parchment paper .. press the brownie dough. Refrigerate until firm (~ 30 min - 1 hour).
- Cut the brownies into small squares or use a cookie cutter to cut out small shapes. Sprinkle organic powdered sugar or cacao nibs