If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: A healthy chickpea, spinach, and carrot burger that tastes as good as it looks. —Veganosity
Makes 8-10 patties
- 2 tablespoons Coconut oil or vegetable oil
- 25 ounces can of chickpeas
- 1 large onion-minced
- 3 cloves of garlic - minced
- 1/2 cup spinach
- 1/2 cup carrots
- 1/2 red bell pepper
- 2 tablespoons nutritional yeast
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 2 teaspoons salt
- pepper to taste
- Add all of the ingredients, EXCEPT the onions and the oil, to a food processor and blend until the mixture is firm and moldable. Transfer to a medium size bowl and stir in the onions.
- For 3 and ½ inch burgers measure out 1/3 of a cup of the mixture and roll into a ball, then flatten into a round patty.
- Heat 1 tablespoon of oil on medium-high heat in a large skillet. Add patties to the pan and cook until golden brown and then flip and cook the other side until golden brown.
- Add the other tablespoon of oil if needed.