If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This recipe is perfect for those late morning weekend breakfasts (I mean it can really be enjoyed at any time but I find breakfast is when I feel like beans). The beans are dressed with a zingy green salsa and the sausage brings a really nice richness to the dish, luckily with so much coriander it still is a really fresh dish. —grace doughty
- 1 cup white beans
- 1 bunch coriander
- 1/2 bunch parsley
- 1 white onion, diced finely
- 1/4 cup chives, chopped
- 1 lemon
- olive oil
- 2 lean sausages of your choice
- handfuls toasted sesame seeds to garnish
- In a medium sized saucepan cook your beans following the instructions on the packet (if you've got nice fresh beans just bring them to a boil and simmer for roughly 20 minutes until beans are still a little firm to touch but soft on the inside). When ready, drain and set aside.
- Meanwhile pick and wash your coriander and chop into fine pieces, though make sure you leave a few whole sprigs to finish the dish at the end.
- Mix together the chopped coriander with the onion, chives, the juice of the lemon and a drizzle of olive oil. Toss this mix, a little at a time, over the beans until well coated.
- Serve your beans in two bowls, throw through the sausage, some coriander sprigs and some sesame seeds to serve.