If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This salad is really nice and filling with lots of flavour. The saltiness of the cheese and chorizo is nicely balanced with the freshness of the apple and mint. It's so simple to put together and can be doubled for a dinner or a barbecue easily. —grace doughty
- 1 bunch watercress
- 1/2 bunch mint, chopped finely
- 3 radish bulbs, thinly sliced
- 2 chorizo sausages
- 200 grams haloumi
- 1 lebanese cucumber
- 1 green apple
- Juice of 1 lemon
- Firstly place your watercress, mint and radish in a bowl and set aside.
- Chop your haloumi into slices, roughly 1cm thick. Then, chop your chorizo into bite sizes. Place both haloumi and chorizo in a small pan over low heat and cook until haloumi is golden on both sides and chorizo is cooked through.
- When this is done add to your bowl with the watercress. Leave the juices in the pan for seasoning.
- Finely julienne your cucumber and chop the apple into thin slices before adding to the salad. You want to do this last so they do not brown so quickly.
- Finely add the juices from your saucepan along with your lemon juice before tossing the salad to mix all the ingredients together.
- Turn onto a plate and serve immediately.
More Great Recipes: