If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: a simple assembly of grandson Jack's FAVOURITE ingredients... Chocolate cake and frozen Oreo cookies and peppermint icecream. —Judy
Serves eight peppermint chocolate icecream lovers
- 2 8 inch chocolate cakes 2 inches thick ..made from a box or packet mix or your FAVOURITE recipe
Chocolate peppermint icecream filling
- 8 Chocolate peppermint icecream sandwiches. Round.
- 1000 milliliters Mint chip icecream. Two tubs different kinds if you prefer
- Bake two 8" round chocolate cakes according to packet directions or your FAVOURITE recipe. Cool . Use a sharp knife to flatten the top of each. Wrap and freeze individually. One standard box mix is enough for two 2" thick cakes
- Place one cake on a plate or board that can go back in the freezer. Place a layer of softened mint chip icecream over the surface
- Add 8 round chocolate peppermint sandwich ice creams on the outside edge and press gently into the soft icecream to secure.
- Quickly spread more soft icecream over the trimmed surface of the second cake and place on top of the bottom layer .. Press down gently With icecream layer on top of the icecream cookie filling layer
- Wrap gently with foil or plastic wrap .place back in freezer. You are done. Allow half hour or more for Icecream to firm up.
- Serve with or without whipped cream or more icecream.. Cut in wedges and enjoy.. Re freeze leftover portions. I used two cake pans made to resemble the two halves of an Oreo cookie.. Bought in Home Outfitters in Toronto. I thank them for the inspiration for my icecream cake.