If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Pair with a crisp beer. —Elliott Papineau
- 6 ounces fresh ground beef (80/20)
- 1/4 cup smoked almonds
- 1 piece bibb lettuce
- smoked pickled onions (recipe follows)
- 1 piece smoked cheddar cheese
- 1 poppy seed bun
- 1 shot kewpie mayo
- 2 drops liquid smoke
- 1 sprig tarragon
- 1 cold beer
- Smoked/Pickled Onions - Smoke small onions with fruitwood for approx 15 min. Remove from smoker, let cool and thinly slice. Place in pickling brine below. 1 cup vinegar 1 cup water 1 tablespoon honey 1 Tablespoon kosher salt Bring all ingredients to a a boil, cover smoked onions. Place in refrigerator overnight, up to one month.
- Combine mayo, liquid smoke, and chopped tarragon. Reserve.
- Process smoked almonds into a paste (similar to peanut butter). Add neutral oil if needed.
- Prepare charcoal grill and add wood chips for smoke flavor.
- Form ground beef into burger patty and season with salt.
- Grill burger until medium adding smoked cheddar before removing from heat. Toast the bun while cheese is melting.
- Assemble burger in this order: On your plate place toasted bottom bun, smoked almond paste, bibb lettuce, the burger with melted smoked cheddar cheese, smoked pickled onions, smoked tarragon mayo, top bun.
- Open beer.
- Drink beer.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Burger Recipe