If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: I was interested in replacing the traditional bun with something that would pair well with ground steak, and thought of tacos, or tortillas - corn tortillas particularly match well with the steak. —THE FUTURE MBA
- 1 pound ground steak
- 2 tacos, or tortillas, preferably of the corn variety
- 1 large tomato
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper, "fine" setting
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground white pepper, "fine" setting
- 5 sprigs mint
- 2 tablespoons sea salt or kosher salt
- 1 tablespoon olive oil, preferably organic extra-virgin
- Soak the mint in cold filtered water, salted with the sea salt or kosher salt. Rinse with cold filtered water.
- Chop the mint leaves and combine with the ground steak. Add the ground black and white pepper, and combine thoroughly.
- Arrange the meat mixture into two patties.
- Heat the olive oil in a 12" diameter stainless steel frying pan, spreading it. Add the two patties, cooking each side on medium heat until cooked through. (This part is very important because you want to make sure there is uniform heat and that every part of the burger patties is cooked through).
- Slice the tomato into large 1/4" thick slices. Combine with the patties in the tacos, and serve.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Burger Recipe