If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Goat cheese, honey and walnuts are always a winner —MarieGlobetrotter
- 2 1/3 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 egg
- 2-3 tablespoons olive oil
- 250 grams goat cheese (soft)
- 1 handful walnuts, crumbled
- Thyme, dried or fresh
- In a bowl, combine the flour, diced butter, egg, oil and water. Season with salt and pepper. Knead by had until dough becomes flexible and elastic. Place in the fridge for an hour.
- In a bowl, stir together goat cheese, honey and walnuts. Add a little bit of thyme and pepper
- Preheat oven to 450F
- Roll out the dough on a floured surface. Using a glass or pastry cutter, cut the dough into several rounds. Place a tsp of filling in the middle of the circle, close the turnovers and seal them by pressing around the edges.
- Whisk the egg yolk with one tbsp of water and brush the turnovers with the egg yolk. Bake for 20 to 25 minutes.