If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: For those of you intimidated by baking bread, we have one word for you: focaccia. The flat, oven-baked Italian bread isn't only topped with olive oil, rosemary and salt, but it's also super easy to whip up. Pair it with our creamy white bean and roasted red pepper dip and you'll be rushing to bake (and break) bread! —bitememore
Homemade Focaccia Bread
- 1½ cups warm water
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 2 teaspoons dry yeast
- 4 cups flour
- 2 teaspoons kosher salt
- ¼ cups olive oil
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- ¼ teaspoons coarse salt
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh rosemary
Creamy White Bean Dip
- 1½ cups canned white kidney (aka cannellini) beans, rinsed and drained
- ½ cups diced roasted red peppers
- ½ cups plain Greek yogurt (we love CHOBANI brand)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 small garlic clove, minced
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- ½ teaspoons chopped fresh rosemary
- ½ teaspoons sugar
- ½ teaspoons kosher salt
- ¼ teaspoons freshly ground black pepper
- For the focaccia bread, in the bowl of an electric mixer, dissolve sugar in warm water. Sprinkle dry yeast over and let stand until yeast dissolves, about 10 minutes. Add flour, salt and ¼ cup olive oil. Turn mixer on low and when the dough starts to come together, increase speed to medium and mix until dough is smooth and elastic about 8 minutes. Turn dough out onto lightly floured surface and form dough into a ball. Oil a large bowl add dough turning to coat. Cover with a damp cloth and let rise in a warm place until doubled in size, about 1 hour and 20 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 425ºF. Coat two 9-inch round pans with a little olive oil. Punch dough down, divide in two and using your fingertips, press the dough into each of the prepared pans. Cover with a cloth and let dough rise 20 minutes more. Drizzle each pan of dough evenly with 1 tbsp of olive oil. Use a pastry brush to spread it. Sprinkle with salt and rosemary. Press fingertips all over dough, forming indentations. Bake 17 minutes or until golden. Remove from pans and cool on a wire rack.
- For the white bean dip, in a food processor, combine white kidney beans, roasted red peppers, yogurt, olive oil, garlic, lemon juice, rosemary, sugar, salt and pepper. Process until the dip is smooth, about 20 seconds. The dip may be refrigerated a few hours ahead of serving. Bring to room temperature before serving.