Author Notes: A recipe that I adopted from David Rocco's episode in Calabria, Italy from his series "La Dolce italia". This dish has quickly become a family favorite. —cucina di mammina
Serves: 1 to 2 servings
spicy hot calabrese dry-cured sausage, sliced thinly (skin removed); approx. 12-15 slices or to taste
2 to 3
whole organic eggs
whole organic milk or lactose-free
sea salt and pepper to taste
extra virgin olive oil
- Crack the eggs into a medium bowl, season with salt and pepper to taste and blend lightly with a fork; add a splash of milk; set aside.
- In a medium skillet, add the sliced dry sausage and saute lightly until you see the spicy red oils melting a bit. Remove the sausage and place in a bowl; set aside.
- In the same skillet, add the eggs and scramble them lightly until just cooked through (cook the eggs to your taste; softer or more well done, if you prefer.)
- Remove from the heat and combine the sausage slices with the cooked eggs and gently mix together.
- Drizzle a bit of olive oil and serve immediately with toasted rustic bread and a hot cup of espresso.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipes with 5 Ingredients or Fewer