If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: A recipe that I adopted from David Rocco's episode in Calabria, Italy from his series "La Dolce italia". This dish has quickly become a family favorite. —cucina di mammina
Serves: 1 to 2 servings
spicy hot calabrese dry-cured sausage, sliced thinly (skin removed); approx. 12-15 slices or to taste
2 to 3
whole organic eggs
whole organic milk or lactose-free
sea salt and pepper to taste
extra virgin olive oil
- Crack the eggs into a medium bowl, season with salt and pepper to taste and blend lightly with a fork; add a splash of milk; set aside.
- In a medium skillet, add the sliced dry sausage and saute lightly until you see the spicy red oils melting a bit. Remove the sausage and place in a bowl; set aside.
- In the same skillet, add the eggs and scramble them lightly until just cooked through (cook the eggs to your taste; softer or more well done, if you prefer.)
- Remove from the heat and combine the sausage slices with the cooked eggs and gently mix together.
- Drizzle a bit of olive oil and serve immediately with toasted rustic bread and a hot cup of espresso.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipes with 5 Ingredients or Fewer