If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This is the quintessential summer beverage in Italy. I enjoyed this the first time I went to visit my famiglia in Lazio when I was 12 and I have enjoyed them every summer here at home ever since as well as on every summer return trip to lovely Italy. —cucina di mammina
Serves 1 serving
- 2 shots or so of strong brewed espresso (sweetened and chilled)
- about 1/2 cup or so of whole milk
- ice cubes
- large martini shaker
- Place about 3 to four cubes of ice in the shaker. Add the espresso and milk and seal tightly.
- Vigorously shake this mixture until the shaker begins to ice over and the liquids thicken.
- Pour the contents into a large glass (strain out the ice cubes.)
- With a spoon, top the caffe and milk mixture with all the foam from the shaker and serve immediately.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipes with 5 Ingredients or Fewer
More Great Recipes: Booze-Free Drinks