Author Notes: This is the quintessential summer beverage in Italy. I enjoyed this the first time I went to visit my famiglia in Lazio when I was 12 and I have enjoyed them every summer here at home ever since as well as on every summer return trip to lovely Italy. —cucina di mammina
Serves: 1 serving
2 shots or so of strong brewed espresso (sweetened and chilled)
about 1/2 cup or so of whole milk
large martini shaker
- Place about 3 to four cubes of ice in the shaker. Add the espresso and milk and seal tightly.
- Vigorously shake this mixture until the shaker begins to ice over and the liquids thicken.
- Pour the contents into a large glass (strain out the ice cubes.)
- With a spoon, top the caffe and milk mixture with all the foam from the shaker and serve immediately.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipes with 5 Ingredients or Fewer