If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Liked the one I had at La Madeleine, so decided to whip some out at home.
After a couple of experiments and tests, the recipe follows of my version, that tastes similar to the French cafe francise.
(Credit to: Food.com and Strawberries-for-strawberry-lover.com)
Thanks for letting me experiment! —Michelle
- 1/2 cup Sour Cream
- 2 tablespoons Brown Sugar
- 1 tablespoon Brandy, Orange Liqueur, or Orange Juice (non-alcholic)
- 1/2 cup Heavy Whipping Cream
- 2 tablespoons White sugar
- 4 cups Freash Strawberries
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla Extract (add more if wanted)
- Mix sour cream, brown sugar and brandy/orange liqueur/orange juice in a bowl.
- In a separate bowl, whip cream until starts to thicken and add sugar (not all at once!)--whip until thick.
- Fold cream into sour cream mixture, add vanilla, and blend well.
- Serve with fresh strawberries!