If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Think a salad can't be satisfying? Think again. This Wheat Berry and Wild Rice Salad recipe will satisfy any appetite. Healthy, slightly nutty and chewy wheat berries are combined with wild rice, crunchy apples, tart cranberries, creamy feta cheese and toasted walnuts, all tossed in a citrus vinaigrette. —bitememore
Wheat Berry and Wild Rice Salad
- 1 cup red spring wheat berries, rinsed and drained
- 1 cup uncooked wild rice, rinsed and drained
- 1 cup chopped celery
- 3/4 cup dried cranberries
- 1 green Granny Smith apple, chopped
- 3/4 cup feta cheese, cubed
- 1/4 cup flat leaf parsley, chopped
- 2 green onions, finely chopped
- 1 cup toasted walnut halves
- 2 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil. Add wheat berries and wild rice and simmer for 1 hour, or until tender. Drain well and place in a large serving bowl. Add celery, cranberries, apple, feta, parsley and green onions. Toss to combine.
- For the vinaigrette, in a medium bowl whisk the white wine vinegar, lemon juice, honey, lime juice, Dijon mustard, lemon zest, salt and pepper. Add oil slowly, whisking continuously. Pour desired amount of dressing over salad mix well. Top with toasted walnuts.
More Great Recipes: