Author Notes: A recipe so unbelievably simple, yet scrumptious, you may just cry. Seriously, this is perfection for the coconut macaroon purists. —Molly Damon
Makes: roughly 15 medium cookies
cups Desiccated, unsweetened, fine coconut
cups Granulated sugar
teaspoons Pure vanilla extract
cup Dried tart cherries, finely chopped
cup Good quality dark chocolate, finely chopped
- Pre-heat oven to 350F and line baking sheet with parchment
- Mix together coconut, egg whites and vanilla. Use your hands...it's fun to play with food and also the best way to incorporate the whites
- Take a taste and adjust sugar level if needed. Don't worry, you used good quality organic eggs. :)
- Using a spring loaded cookie scoop (best for uniformity) or dampened hands, form into pretty little mounds.
- Bake 15-20 minutes until lightly browned and fragrant. Cool slightly on sheet and transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.
- Cookies will stay fresh 3 days covered at room temp