If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: A recipe so unbelievably simple, yet scrumptious, you may just cry. Seriously, this is perfection for the coconut macaroon purists. —Molly Damon
Makes roughly 15 medium cookies
cups Desiccated, unsweetened, fine coconut
cups Granulated sugar
teaspoons Pure vanilla extract
cup Dried tart cherries, finely chopped
cup Good quality dark chocolate, finely chopped
- Pre-heat oven to 350F and line baking sheet with parchment
- Mix together coconut, egg whites and vanilla. Use your hands...it's fun to play with food and also the best way to incorporate the whites
- Take a taste and adjust sugar level if needed. Don't worry, you used good quality organic eggs. :)
- Using a spring loaded cookie scoop (best for uniformity) or dampened hands, form into pretty little mounds.
- Bake 15-20 minutes until lightly browned and fragrant. Cool slightly on sheet and transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.
- Cookies will stay fresh 3 days covered at room temp