If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: I've taken the All-American Cheeseburger and combined it with the flair and flavor of the culture of an old Santa Barbara Fiesta using many of the ingredients grown right here on the central coast of California —Old Guy Cooks
- 3/4 pound 90/10 Ground sirloin and chuck
- 1/2 pound Pork Longanzia, casing removed. or chorizo
- 1/2 cup Chopped red onion
- 1 corn tortilla finely chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon Kosher salt and fresh ground pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 tablespoon Medium hot salsa verde
- 6 Brioche buns
- 6 slices of beefsteak tomatoes
- 3 tablespoons Dijon mustard, divided
- 12 Slices of sharp cheddar cheese
- 6 slices of mild Ortega chillies
- 4 ripe avacados
- 2 Roma tomatoes, seeded and coarsley chopped
- 5 Green onions, chopped, bottom 3".
- 2 teaspoons chopped jalepeno peppers, seeded
- 1/4 cup chopped cilantro
- 1/4 teaspoon Kosher salt, fresh ground pepper and cayenne pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon lime juice
- Into a bowl, crumble the meats and add the next 5 listed set of ingredients and combine by hand until all ingredients are thoroughly mixed. Don't over mix. Separate into 6 patties and let them rest.
- In the meantime, scoop the avocado out of the skins. Mash the avocados, leaving some of it chunky. Add the onions, tomatoes, cilantro, jalapeños, salt, pepper, cayenne pepper, and cumin. Mix well. Add the lime juice and blend thoroughly. Cover and set aside.
- Heat grill to high, brush with oil or spray, press an indentation into the top of each patty with your thumb, and put on the patties. Lower heat to medium-high. Cook for 3 to 4 minutes. Don’t move them until they are ready to turn.
- Turn and cook an additional 3 to 4 minutes and check for desired doneness. Continue to cook if necessary. Turn the heat to low and add 2 slices of cheese per burger, cover and allow to melt, 2-3 minutes. Remove from the heat, cover and let rest while assembling the burgers.
- Brush a small amount of olive oil or other oil on each bun half and lightly toast the buns.
- Put 3 heaping tablespoons of guacamole on the bottom half of each bun and a slice of the tomato. Place the burger on top.
- Divide the sliced chilies between the burgers. Divide the mustard between the top halves of the buns and cover the burger. Serve.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Burger Recipe